Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
Archived revision by Admin as of 23:58, 7 August 2011.
- IPA: /kædʒ/
- Rhymes: -ædʒ
NounCadge (plural Cadges)
- (Geordie) To beg.
- "Are ye gannin te cadge a lift of yoer fatha?"
- (US, UK, slang) To obtain something by wit or guile; to convince someone to do something they might not normally do.
- To carry hawks and other birds of prey.
- For examples of the usage of this term see the citations page.
- Bulgarian: прося
- The New Geordie Dictionary, Frank Graham, 1987, ISBN 0946928118
- article on cadge at World Wide Words