Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
- (RP) IPA: /hɜːˈsɛlf/, SAMPA: /h3:"sElf/
- (GenAm) IPA: /hɝˈsɛlf/, SAMPA: /h3`s"Elf/
Audio (US) noicon (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛlf
- Hyphenation: her‧self
- (reflexive) her; the female object of a verb or preposition that also appears as the subject
- She injured herself.
- (emphatic) she; an intensive repetition of the female subject, often used to indicate the exclusiveness of that person as the only satisfier of the predicate
- She was injured herself.
- (slang) A self-important female
- What's herself up to this time?
(reflexive object) her
(as intensifier) she
- The translations below need to be checked.
Translations to be checked
English personal pronouns
| yours, |
es:herself fr:herself ko:herself hr:herself io:herself ku:herself hu:herself ml:herself my:herself nl:herself ja:herself pl:herself pt:herself simple:herself fi:herself sv:herself te:herself tr:herself zh:herself