- Of an object, having a high temperature.
- Of the weather, causing the air to be hot.
- Of a person or animal, feeling the sensation of heat, especially to the point of discomfort.
- Of food, spicy.
- (informal) Very good, remarkable, exciting.
- (incomparable) Electrically charged
- (informal) Radioactive.
- (slang) Of a person, very physically or sexually attractive.
- (slang) Sexual; involving sexual intercourse or sexual excitement.
- Popular; in demand.
- Very close to finding or guessing something to be found or guessed.
- Performing strongly; having repeated successes
- Fresh; just released
- Uncomfortable, difficult to deal with; awkward, dangerous, unpleasant.
Adverbs for Hot
devilishly; horribly; unbearably; unusually; remarkably; abnormally; feverishly; unnaturally; angrily; dangerously; apparently; unseasonably; strangely; intolerably; sufficiently; scarcely; inordinately; queerly; peculiarly; curiously; unfortunately; oppressively; swelteringly; stiflingly; bakingly; blazingly; suffocatingly; intensely.
Synonyms for Hot
- (of the weather): baking, boiling, boiling hot, sultry, sweltering
- (feeling the sensation of heat): baking, boiling, boiling hot
- (feverish): feverish, having a temperature
- (spicy): piquant, spicy, tangy
- (slang: stolen): stolen
- (electrically charged): live
- (radioactive): radioactive
- (slang: physically or sexually attractive): attractive, beautiful, cute, fit, foxy, gorgeous, handsome, hunky, lush, pretty, sexy, studly, tasty, yummy
- ardent, fiery, flaming, incandescent, blazing, glowing, torrid, fervid, searing, heated, passionate, excited, eager; peppery
Antonyms for Hot
- (having a high temperature): chilled, chilly, cold, cold as ice, freezing, freezing cold, frigid, glacial, ice-cold, icy
- (of the weather): cold, freezing, freezing cold, icy
- (feeling the sensation of heat): freezing, freezing cold
- (spicy): bland, mild, sweet
- (electrically charged): neutral, dead
- (slang): lifeless
- chilling, gelid, bleak, biting, stiff, distant, rigid, affected, insensitive, calm, cool, apathetic
afire, animal, ape about, aphrodisiomaniacal, approaching, approximate, approximating, ardent, arm-in-arm, autoluminescent, bad, baking, bang-up, banned, bawdy, blistering, boiling, boiling over, bonzer, boss, breathless, bricky, brisk, broiling, bugs on, bully, burning, burning hot, burning with excitement, but good, canicular, cardinal, carmine, carnal, carnation, carnelian, cerise, charged, cheek-by-jowl, cherry, cherry-colored, cherry-red, clitoromaniacal, close, combustible, committed, concupiscent, contaminated, cool, cordial, corking, cracked on, crackerjack, crazy about, crimson, curried, damask, dandy, dedicated, delicious, delirious, detectable, determinable, devoted, devout, dirty, disappearing, discernible, disclosable, discoverable, drunk, ducky, earnest, ebullient, ejaculatory, electric-heated, electrified, enthusiastic, erotic, eroticomaniacal, erotomaniacal, estral, estrous, estrual, excited, explosive, exposable, exuberant, fab, faithful, fanatic, febrile, ferruginous, fervent, fervid, fevered, feverish, feverous, fiery, findable, fine and dandy, fire-red, flame-colored, flame-red, flaming, fleshly, flushed, freaked-out, fugitive, gaga over, gas-heated, gear, glorious, glowing, goatish, gone on, great, grilling, groovy, gules, gynecomaniacal, hand-in-hand, hard-core, hasty, hearty, heated, heavy, hectic, hepped up over, het, het up, high-seasoned, high-tension, hipped on, horny, hot about, hot as fire, hot as hell, hot as pepper, hot-air-heated, hot-blooded, hot-tempered, hotheaded, hotted up, hunky-dory, hyperpyretic, hyperthermic, hysteromaniacal, impassioned, in a fever, in earnest, in flight, in heat, in must, in rut, incarmined, infected, inflamed, infrared, intense, intent, intent on, intimate, intoxicated, iron-red, irradiated, itching, ithyphallic, jam-up, jazz, jazzed up, jazzy, just dandy, keen, lake-colored, laky, lascivious, lateritious, lecherous, lewd, libidinous, lickerish, like a furnace, like an oven, live, lively, lobster-red, loyal, lubricious, lurid, lustful, mad about, madcap, maroon, marvy, mean, mild, must, musty, near, near the mark, nearing, nearish, neat, nifty, nigh, nighish, nippy, nobby, nuts about, nuts on, nymphomaniacal, obscene, oil-heated, okay, on fire, on the lam, orgasmic, orgastic, out of sight, overheated, overwarm, parching, passionate, peachy, peachy-keen, peppery, perfervid, pilfered, piping hot, pirated, plagiarized, poisoned, port-wine, priapic, propinque, proximal, proximate, prurient, puce, purloined, pyretic, quick, quick-tempered, racy, radiferous, radioactivated, radioactive, radioluminescent, ragtime, ragtimey, randy, rechauffe, recooked, red, red-dyed, red-hot, red-looking, reddened, reddish, reddish-amber, reddish-brown, reheated, resolute, ripping, roasting, rubicund, rubiginous, rubric, rubricose, ruby, ruby-colored, ruby-red, ruddied, ruddy, rufescent, rufous, rum, runaway, rust, rust-red, rusty, rutting, ruttish, rutty, salacious, satyric, scalding, scarlet, scorching, scrumptious, searing, seasoned, seething, sensual, serious, sex-starved, sexual, sexually excited, sexy, short-tempered, side-by-side, simmering, sincere, sizzling, sizzling hot, slap-up, smashing, smoking hot, smoldering, snappy, solid, something else, spiced, spicy, spiffing, spiffy, spirited, spottable, spunky, stammel, starry-eyed over, steam-heated, steamed up about, steaming, steamy, stolen, stunning, sudorific, sultry, summery, super, superheated, sweating, sweaty, swell, sweltering, sweltry, swingy, syncopated, tangy, tile-red, toasting, torrid, totally committed, tough, tropic, tropical, turned-on, unrestrained, unsatisfied, vehement, vermilion, vicinal, vigorous, vinaceous, volcanic, warm, warmed, warmed up, warmed-over, white-hot, wild about, wine-colored, wine-red, with a kick, wizard, zealous, zestful, zesty, zippy
- (RP) enPR: hŏt, IPA: /hɒt/, SAMPA: /hQt/
Audio (UK) noicon (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒt
- (GenAm) enPR: hät, IPA: /hɑt/, SAMPA: /hAt/
Audio (US) noicon (file)
- Third-person singular simple present indicative form of hawwe.
- a threat