- (transitive) To establish the identity of someone or something.
- (transitive) (biology) To establish the taxonomic classification of an organism.
- (transitive) To equate two or more things.
- (intransitive) To associate oneself with some group.
- (intransitive) To claim an identity; to describe oneself as a member of a group; to assert the use of a particular term to describe oneself.
- (transitive) (topology) To map a number of points to one.
- to ID
Adverbs for Identify
unconsciously; mystically; irrevocably; peculiarly; mechanically; ecclesiastically; prominently; nominally.
Adjectives for Identify
concealed; conscious; obliterated; substantial; separate; sweet; veritable; undiscovered; revealed; fictitious.
ally, apply, appraise, argue, assess, associate, baptize, be indicative of, be significant of, be symptomatic of, bespeak, betoken, bind, bracket, call, catalog, catalogue, categorize, characterize, christen, class, classify, coalesce, combine, connect, connote, correlate, couple, define, denominate, denote, descry, designate, detect, determinate, determine, diagnose, differentiate, dig, discern, disclose, display, distinguish, draw a parallel, dub, empathize with, entail, entitle, equate, espy, establish, evaluate, express, factor, find, finger, fuse, gauge, give evidence, give token, group, have, highlight, hint, home in on, home on, identify with, indicate, interrelate, involve, join, know, know again, label, link, make one, make out, manifest, map, mark, mean, merge, nail, name, nickname, nominate, note, notice, parallel, parallelize, peg, perceive, pick out, pick up, pinpoint, place, point out, realize, recall knowledge of, receive, recognize, reidentify, relate, relate to, relativize, reveal, scan, see, select, sense, show, sift, signify, single out, sort, sort out, specify, spot, spy, stand for, style, suggest, sweep, sympathize with, symptomatize, symptomize, synthesize, tag, tell, term, testify, thrash out, tie, title, trigger, tune in, unify, unite, wed, weigh, winnow