NounImagery (plural imageries)
- The work of one who makes images or visible representation of objects; imitation work; images in general, or en masse.
- (figuratively) Unreal show; imitation; appearance.
- The work of the imagination or fancy; false ideas; imaginary phantasms.
- Rhetorical decoration in writing or speaking; vivid descriptions presenting or suggesting images of sensible objects; figures in discourse.
- (U.S. military) A likeness or presentation of any natural or man-made feature or related object or activity, and the positional data acquired at the same time the likeness or representation was acquired, including products produced by space-based national intelligence reconnaissance systems; and likeness and presentations produced by satellites, airborne platforms, unmanned aerial vehicles, or other similar means (except that such term does not include handheld or clandestine photography taken by or on behalf of human intelligence collection organizations).
Adjectives for Imagery
mental; external; woven; obscene; metaphorical; definite; amorphous; oriental; passionate; childish; vivid; pensive; carven; sculptured; learned; wondrous; colorful; glowing; inapplicable.
Vorstellung, allusion, alphabet, apparition, art, asiaticism, blueprint, brainchild, bubble, cameo, catalog, cataloging, character, character sketch, charactering, characterization, chart, chimera, choreography, concept, conception, conceptualization, conventional representation, dance notation, delineation, delirium, demonstration, depiction, depictment, description, details, device, diagram, drama, drawing, eidetic image, eidolon, envisaging, envisioning, euphuism, evocation, exemplification, fancy, fantasque, fantasy, fiction, figment, figuration, figurative language, figurativeness, figure, figure of speech, floridity, flourish, flower, flowery style, graphic account, hallucination, hieroglyphic, iconography, ideogram, idle fancy, illusion, illustration, image, imagery study, imagination, imaging, imagining, imagism, imagistic poetry, impression, insubstantial image, invention, itemization, letter, lifelike image, limning, logogram, logograph, maggot, make-believe, manner of speaking, map, mental image, mental picture, mental representation, musical notation, myth, nonliterality, nonliteralness, notation, objectification, ornament, particularization, phantasm, phantom, photograph, pictogram, picture, picturing, picturization, plan, poetic imagery, portrait, portraiture, portrayal, prefigurement, presentment, printing, profile, projection, purple passage, realization, rendering, rendition, representation, romance, schema, score, script, sick fancy, sketch, specification, syllabary, symbol, symbolism, tablature, thick-coming fancies, trip, trope, turn of expression, vapor, vignette, vision, visual image, visualization, vivid description, way of speaking, whim, whimsy, wildest dreams, word painting, word-painting, writing