- (usually with "from") Exempt; not subject to
- As a diplomat, you are immune from prosecution.
- (medicine, usually with "to") Protected by inoculation, or due to innate resistance to pathogens
- I am immune to chicken pox.
- (by extension) Not vulnerable
- Alas, she was immune to my charms.
- (medicine) Of or pertaining to the immune system
- We examined the patient's immune response.
NounImmune (plural Immunes)
- (epidemiology) A person who is not susceptible to infection by a particular disease
Adverbs for Immune
naturally; happily; fortunately; luckily; freely; properly; warrantably; authoritatively; legally; exceptionably; constitutionally; presumptively; duly; legitimately.
chartered, excepted, excused, exempt, exempted, favored, immunized, inoculated, insured, insusceptible, intact, invulnerable, irresponsible, let off, licensed, nonsusceptible to disease, permitted, privileged, protected, released, resistant, safe, safe and sound, secure, spared, unaccountable, unaffected, unanswerable, undamaged, unharmed, unhurt, unliable, unscathed, unsubject, unsusceptible, unthreatened, untouched, vaccinated
immune m. and f. (m and f plural immuni)