- Not active, temporarily or permanently
- The volcano is inactive, but is only dormant.
- Not functioning or operating; broken down
- The photocopier is inactive pending repair.
- Retired from duty or service
- Admiral Jones is now on the inactive list.
- (chemistry) Relatively inert
- Aluminium is inactive towards water.
- (physics) Showing no optical activity in polarized light
- Synthetic glycine is optically inactive as it contains equal amounts of the d- and l- form.
Adverbs for Inactive
necessarily; helplessly; tragically; unfortunately; preferably; habitually; naturally temperamentally; lamentably; unhealthfully unluckily; lazily; languidly; torpidly; idly indolently; sleepily; indifferently; lumpishly; passively; unintelligently; terribly; incredibly; hopelessly; undependably; unreliably; unhelpfully; sluggishly; vexatiously; disagreeably; cruelly; selfishly.
abeyant, apathetic, asleep, at a standstill, cataleptic, catatonic, contemplative, dead, deliberate, disengaged, do-nothing, dopey, dormant, dull, easy, flat, foul, groggy, hasteless, heavy, idle, immobile, in abeyance, in suspense, inanimate, indolent, inert, inoperative, jobless, lackadaisical, laissez-aller, laissez-faire, languid, languorous, latent, lazy, leaden, leisurely, lethargic, lifeless, listless, logy, meditative, motionless, neuter, neutral, ossified, out of work, pacific, paralytic, paralyzed, passive, peaceful, phlegmatic, placid, procrastinating, quiescent, quiet, quietist, quietistic, relaxed, resting, sedentary, serene, slack, sleeping, sleepy, slothful, slow, sluggish, slumbering, smoldering, somnolent, stagnant, stagnating, standing, standpat, static, stationary, still, supine, suspended, tame, torpid, tranquil, unactive, unaroused, unemployed, unhasty, unhurried, unmoving, unoccupied, vegetable, vegetative
- feminine form of inactif
- vocative masculine singular of inactīvus