- Not complete; not filled up; not finished; not having all its parts, or not having them all adjusted; imperfect; defective.
- (botany) Of a flower, wanting any of the usual floral organs.
NounIncomplete (plural Incompletes)
- Something incomplete.
- A designation of being incomplete.
- He got four incompletes out of five courses last semester.
adulterated, arrested, blemished, broken, callow, crude, damaged, defective, deficient, embryonic, erroneous, failing, fallible, faulty, found wanting, fractional, fragmentary, fragmented, hypoplastic, immature, impaired, imperfect, imprecise, impure, in arrear, in arrears, in default, in short supply, inaccurate, inadequate, incompetent, inexact, infant, insufficient, lacking, makeshift, mediocre, missing, mixed, needing, not enough, not perfect, off, part, partial, patchy, piecemeal, rough, scant, scanty, scrappy, sectional, segmental, segmentary, short, shy, sketchy, too little, unaccomplished, underdeveloped, undeveloped, undone, unequal to, uneven, unfinished, unperfected, unqualified, unsatisfactory, unsatisfying, unsound, unsufficing, unthorough, wanting
- Rhymes: -iːt
- feminine form of incompleto