- (ecclesiastical, obsolete) Not admitting ecclesiastical dispensation; not subject to release or exemption; that cannot be allowed by bending the canonical rules.
- Of rules, duties etc: unbendable, that cannot be set aside or ignored.
- The law was moral and indispensable. -Bp. Burnet
- Absolutely necessary or requisite; that one cannot do without.
- An indispensable component of a heart-healthy diet.
- See also Thesaurus:requisite
NounIndispensable (plural Indispensables)
Adverbs for Indispensable
vitally; fundamentally; essentially; presumably; supposedly; allegedly; purportedly; curiously; oddly; strangely; utterly; emphatically; imperatively; unquestionably; absolutely
bare necessities, basic, bedrock, call for, called for, cardinal, central, compelling, compulsory, crucial, demand, demand for, demanded, desideration, desideratum, essential, essentials, focal, fundamental, imperative, important, in demand, indicated, ineluctable, inescapable, irreducible, irreductible, irreplaceable, key, life-and-death, life-or-death, mandatory, material, must, must item, necessaries, necessary, necessities, necessitous, necessity, need, need for, needed, needful, obligatory, occasion, of the essence, of vital importance, prerequirement, prerequisite, required, requirement, requisite, requisition, sine qua non, substantive, the necessary, the needful, unavoidable, unforgoable, urgent, vital, want, wanted