NounInjection (plural Injections)
- The act of injecting, or something that is injected.
- (specifically, medicine) Something injected subcutaneously, intravenously, or intramuscularly by use of a syringe and a needle.
- (set theory) A function that maps distinct x in the domain to distinct y in the codomain; formally, a f: X → Y such that f(a) = f(b) implies a = b for any a, b in the domain.
- (mathematics) A relation on sets (X,Y) that associates each element of Y with at most one element of X.
- (figuratively) The addition of money to someone, or to a business.
Earth insertion, LEM, LM, antitoxin, apogee, aside, attitude-control rocket, bag, ballistic capsule, bang, booster, booster dose, booster shot, brewing, burn, capsule, deck, deep-space ship, docking, docking maneuver, dose, draft, drench, drenching, dropping, drug packet, ducking, dunking, embedment, encroachment, entrance, entrenchment, episode, ferry rocket, fix, fuel ship, graft, grafting, hit, hypodermic, hypodermic injection, imbruement, imbuement, impaction, impactment, impingement, implantation, imposition, impregnation, incursion, infiltration, infix, infixion, influx, infringement, infusion, inoculation, inroad, insert, insertion, insinuation, intercalation, interference, interjection, interlineation, interlocution, interloping, interpolation, interposition, interposure, interruption, intervention, introduction, intromission, intrusion, invasion, irruption, jet injection, leaching, lixiviation, lunar excursion module, lunar module, maceration, mainlining, manned rocket, module, moon ship, multistage rocket, narcotic injection, narcotic shot, obiter dictum, obtrusion, orbit, overdose, parenthesis, parking orbit, penetration, percolation, perfusion, perigee, permeation, popping, portion, potion, pulping, reentry, remark, rocket, saturation, seething, shooting up, shot, shuttle rocket, side remark, skin-popping, soak, soakage, soaking, soft landing, sopping, souse, sousing, space capsule, space docking, space rocket, spacecraft, spaceship, steeping, tessellation, tossing-in, transplant, transplantation, trespass, trespassing, unlawful entry, vaccination, vaccine
- IPA: /ɪn.dʒɛk.ʃən/
Injection f. (plural Injections)