NounIntake (countable and uncountable; plural intakes)
- The place where water or air is taken into a pipe or conduit; opposed to outlet.
- The beginning of a contraction or narrowing in a tube or cylinder.
- The quantity taken in; as, the intake of air.
- An act or instance of taking in: an intake of oxygen or food.
- To take in (in all the senses of the noun).
access, adit, admission, air lock, approach, avails, box office, commissions, corridor, credit, credits, disposable income, dividend, dividends, earned income, earnings, entrance, entranceway, entree, entry, entryway, gains, gangplank, gangway, gate, gate receipts, get, gross, gross income, gross receipts, hall, import, importation, importing, in, income, incoming, infiltration, ingoing, ingress, ingression, inlet, input, insertion, insinuation, interpenetration, introduction, introgression, intrusion, leakage, make, means of access, net, net income, net receipts, opening, output, passage, passageway, penetration, percolation, proceeds, produce, profits, receipt, receipts, receivables, reception, returns, revenue, royalties, seepage, take, take-in, takings, unearned income, vestibule, way, way in, yield