NounJumper (plural Jumpers)
- Someone or something that jumps; eg. a participant in a jumping event in track or skiing.
- (chiefly UK) A woolen sweater or pullover.
- A loose outer jacket, especially one worn by workers and sailors.
- A one-piece, sleeveless dress, or a skirt with straps and a complete or partial bodice, usually worn over a blouse by women and children.
- (usually as jumpers) Rompers.
- A short length of electrical conductor, to make a temporary connection. Also jump wire.
- A removable connecting pin on an electronic circuit board.
- A person who attempts suicide by jumping from a great height.
amateur athlete, archer, athlete, baby clothes, baby linen, ballplayer, baseballer, baseman, batter, battery, blocking back, bowman, broad jumper, bucking bronco, buckjumper, catcher, center, coach, competitor, creepers, cricketer, deep-sea diver, defensive lineman, diver, end, flea, footballer, free diver, frog, frogman, games-player, gamester, gazelle, goat, grasshopper, guard, high jumper, hopper, hurdle racer, hurdler, infielder, jackrabbit, jock, jumpers, jumping bean, jumping jack, kangaroo, layette, leaper, lineman, offensive lineman, outfield, outfielder, parachute jumper, pearl diver, player, plunger, pole vaulter, poloist, professional athlete, pugilist, quarterback, racer, rompers, salmon, scuba diver, skater, skin diver, sky diver, snorkel diver, sport, sportsman, stag, sunfisher, swaddle, swaddling clothes, tackle, tailback, timber topper, toxophilite, vaulter, wingback, wrestler