Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
Nounknock-knock joke (plural Knock-knock jokes)
- One of a class of childish jokes told as a dialog, and usually including a pun, in the following form:
- "Knock knock."
- "Who's there?"
- (The teller of the joke says a name.)
- (The person to whom the joke isn't being told repeats the name, followed by "who?")
- (The teller of the joke says a pun based on the name.)
- Knock knock.
- Who's there?
- Judith who?
- Judith like me becauthe I have a lithp? (ie, Do you dislike me because I have a lisp?)