- (of food) Prepared in accordance with Jewish religious practices.
- Well, if I had known it was a kosher deli, I certainly would not have ordered a ham and cheese on rye.
- (figuratively, by extension) In accordance with standards or usual practice.
- Is what I have done kosher with Mr. Smith?
- (transitive) to make kosher.
accordant, according to Hoyle, actionable, anal, applicable, appropriate, authorized, bleached, bourgeois, bright, clean, cleanly, comestible, competent, compulsive, concordant, condign, conformist, constitutional, conventional, correct, corresponding, dainty, decent, decorous, delicious, dirt-free, due, eatable, edible, esculent, fair, fastidious, fit, fitting, formalistic, fresh, good, gustable, harmonious, immaculate, in accord, in keeping, in line, in step, judicial, juridical, just, justiciable, lawful, lawmaking, legal, legislative, legit, legitimate, licit, nice, nonpolluted, normal, normative, of cleanly habits, orthodox, palatable, pedantic, plastic, precisianistic, proper, pure, right, right and proper, righteous, rightful, ritually pure, sanctioned, savory, seemly, shiny, smut-free, smutless, spotless, square, stainless, statutory, straight, stuffy, succulent, suitable, sweet, tahar, traditionalist, tubbed, unadulterated, unbesmirched, unblemished, unblotted, undefiled, unmuddied, unpolluted, unsmirched, unsmudged, unsoiled, unspotted, unstained, unsullied, untainted, untarnished, uptight, valid, well-scrubbed, well-washed, white, whitened, within the law
Hebrew כשר (kasher), meaning kosher.
- The translations below need to be checked.