- 1921 P.G.Wodehouse: Indiscretions of Archie. page 162:
- "What's the first name?" - - -
- "I have a horrible feeling that it's Lancelot!"
- "Good God!" said Archie.
- "It couldn't really be that, could it?"
- Archie looked grave. He hated to to give pain, but he felt he must be honest.
- "It might," he said. "People give their children all sorts of rummy names. My second name's Tracy. And I have a pal in England who was christened Cuthbert De la Hay Horace. Fortunately everyone calls him Stinker."
Bayard, Don Quixote, Gawain, Ritter, Sidney, Sir Galahad, bachelor, banneret, baronet, caballero, cavalier, chevalier, companion, knight, knight bachelor, knight banneret, knight baronet, knight-errant
- IPA: /ˈlɑn.sə.lɒt/
Lancelot m. (nominative singular Lanceloz)
- Lancelot (fictional character)