NounLandscape (plural Landscapes)
- A portion of land or territory which the eye can comprehend in a single view, including all the objects it contains.
- A picture representing a scene by land or sea, actual or fancied, the chief subject being the general aspect of nature, as fields, hills, forests, water. etc.
- The pictorial aspect of a country.
- (printing) a mode of printing where the horizontal sides are longer than the vertical sides
- A space, indoor or outdoor and natural or man-made (as in "designed landscape")
- (figuratively) a situation that is presented, a scenario
Adjectives for Landscape
breathtaking; jagged; dusky; lush; parched; snowcapped; rugged; plunging; farflung; dense; reposeful; shadowy; manifold (plural); glorious; delicate; gliding; desolate; dismal; rolling; inspiring; autumnal; harmonious; limited; extravagant; bewildered; poetical; suggestive; naked; receding; twilight; motionless; mystic; glimmering; colored; austere; stupendous; delicious; ungenial; ravaged; forbidding; bitter; peaceful; perfect; winter; untrodden; melancholy; impressive; serious; shivering; imposing; large; dreamy; terrestrial; hoary; lunar; hazy; sunlit; glowing; variegated; pastoral; scarred; vernal; withered; dim; embrowned; distant; barren; sun-drenched; meandering; abundant; picturesque; cobbled; undulating; crumbling; towering; derelict; wooded; wind-swept; bustling; dreary; desolate; blazing; ideal; imaginative; volcanic; broad; wet; dreary;
Verbs for Landscape
clutter—; contemplate—; denude—; dese¬crate—; design—; dot—; enhance—; exhibit—; gaze on—; gild—; glorify—; inte¬grate—; intersperse—; perfect—; photo¬graph—; regard—; scrutinize—; shade—; tinge—; view—; —charms; —delights; — educates; —gratifies; —spreads; —stretches.
Antonyms for Landscape
- (printing mode): portrait
dreamscape, moonscape, seascape, airscape, aspect, cityscape, cloudscape, countryside, diorama, exterior, farmscape, interior, lookout, outlook, panorama, pastoral, perspective, prospect, riverscape, scape, scene, scenery, scenic view, seapiece, seascape, sight, skyscape, snowscape, sweep, townscape, view, vista, waterscape