Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
Apparently from the Usenet newsgroup alt.usage.english circa 1997. 
Proper nounLeftpondia (uncountable)
- (slang) English-speaking parts of The Americas.
- 2002 June 17, Graybags <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Some Thoughts On Leftpondia", alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe, Usenet.
- 2003 October 30, tomcatpolka@yaNOSPAMhoo.com, "to Rightpondia", alt.usage.english, Usenet,
- One difference between Rightpondia and Leftpondia is that Arpudlians go 'to hospital' and Elpudlians go 'to the hospital'.
- 2007 August 16, K_S_ONeill@yahoo.com, "Regarding Leftpondia", alt.fan.cecil-adams, Usenet.