NounLeg (plural Legs)
- The lower limb of a human being or animal that extends from the groin to the ankle.
- (anatomy) The portion of the lower appendage of a human that extends from the knee to the ankle.
- A part of garment, such as a pair of trousers/pants, that covers a leg.
- A stage of a journey.
- (nautical) A distance that a sailing vessel does without changing the sails from one side to the other.
- (nautical) One side of a multiple-sided (often triangular) course in a sailing race.
- A single game or match played in a tournament or other sporting contest.
- One of the two sides of a right triangle that is not the hypotenuse.
- A rod-like protrusion from an inanimate object, supporting it from underneath.
- (usually used in plural) evidence, the ability of a thing or idea to stick around or persist
- To put a series of three or more options strikes into the stock market.
- To remove the legs from an animal carcass.
- To build legs onto a platform or stage for support.
Adjectives for Leg
excellent; bowed; rickety; timber; gouty; graceful; sturdy; bandy; lower; convulsed; stockinged; shapely; long; fluted; sinewy; brawny; spindle; incased; thin; shivering; toothsome; amputated; thread-like; leaden; muscular; bony; pitiful; tiny; slender; knotted; hacked; jagged; hairy; gaitered; lovely; graceful; bulging; slim.
Verbs for Leg
admire—; bow—s; brace—; condition—s; elevate—; expose—; fetter—s; fracture—; massage—; peer at—s; reel on—s; reveal—; straddle with—s; strengthen—; trust —s; —entwine; — fly; —protrudes; — sag; —supports; — taper; —twitch; — weary.
ambulate, ankle, appendage, arm, assist, bayonet legs, boost, bough, bowlegs, branch, break, breast, broken circuit, calf, chicken foot, circuit, circuital field, circumambulate, closed circuit, cnemis, complete circuit, course, crossing, cruise, dark meat, dead circuit, drumstick, foot, foot it, foreleg, galvanic circuit, gamb, gambrel, giblets, gigot, ham, hand, helping hand, hind leg, hock, hoof it, hot circuit, imp, jamb, jaywalk, jog on, joint, knee, lateral circuit, leg it, leg up, lift, limb, link, live circuit, lobe, lobule, loop, magnetic circuit, member, microcircuit, multiple circuit, multiple series, neck, ocean trip, offshoot, organ, oyster, pace, pad, pale, palisade, passage, path, pedestrianize, peg, perambulate, peripateticate, picket, pile, pinion, podite, popliteal space, printed circuit, ramification, run, runner, sail, scion, scissor-legs, sea trip, series multiple, shakedown cruise, shank, shin, short, short circuit, shuffle along, spile, spray, sprig, spur, stake, stems, step, stride, stump it, stumps, switch, tail, tarsus, tendril, thigh, traipse, tread, trotters, turkey foot, twig, vector field, voyage, walk, white meat, wing, wishbone
- IPA: /lɛːɣ/
- Rhymes: -ɛːɣ
- IPA: [leɡ]
- certified, authorized; indicating an authorized medical doctor, not a quack. Abbreviation of legitimerad.
- (slang) ID card showing the owner's age; Abbreviation of legitimation.
- jag fick visa leg på systemet
- at the state monopoly liqour store, they asked me to verify my age
- jag fick visa leg på systemet
Torres Strait Creole
From English leg.
- ngar (western dialect)