NounLength (plural Lengths)
- The measurement of distance along the longest dimension of an object.
- Robert Frost
- Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.
- Robert Frost
- (horse racing) The length of a horse, used to indicate the distance between horses at the end of a race.
- (mathematics) Distance between the two ends of a line segment.
- (cricket) The distance down the pitch that the ball bounces on its way to the batsman.
- (figuratively): total extent
- The length of a book
- part of something that's long, a physical piece of something
- A length of rope
Adjectives for Length
learned; barbarous; apparent; extortionate; manlier; abbreviated; intolerable; variable; irregular; average; ludicrous; unaltered; extreme; considerable; unconscionable; enormous; interminable; majestic; pellucid; lamentable; shameful; immoderate; standard; ancient; unwieldy; startling; weary; apportioned; slender; infinite; wondrous; measured; treacherous; vine-clad.
aesthetic distance, amplitude, area, at full length, at length, at long last, bigness, body, breadth, bulk, caliber, clearance, compass, completely, coverage, deep space, depth, depths of space, diameter, dimension, dimensions, distance, divergence, duration, eventually, exhaustively, expanse, expansion, extension, extensively, extent, farness, finally, fully, gauge, girth, greatness, height, in detail, infinity, interminably, largeness, leeway, light-years, magnitude, margin, mass, measure, measurement, mileage, orbit, panorama, parsecs, period, perspective, piece, proportion, proportions, purview, radius, range, reach, realm, remoteness, scale, scope, separation, size, space, span, spread, stretch, stride, term, thoroughly, ultimately, volume, way, ways, width