NounLiberalism (countable and uncountable; plural Liberalisms)
- The quality of being liberal.
- Any political movement founded on the autonomy and personal freedom of the individual, progress and reform, and government by law with the consent of the governed.
- 2009 Timothy Garton Ash A Liberal Translation
- Whether some distant cousin really belongs to the extended family of liberalisms is a matter of healthy dispute.
- An economic theory in favour of laissez faire and the free market.
Adjectives for Liberalism
militant; enlightened; extreme; journalistic.
Verbs for Liberalism
absorb—; adopt—; advocate—; convert to —; criticize—; crusade for—; cultivate—; endanger—; exercise—; inculcate—; interpret—; plant—; plead for—; restrain—; scorn—; stifle—; stimulate—; unite in—; "weaken—; —affords; —aims at; —emerges from; —involves; —prevails; —thrives.
broad-mindedness, capitalism, catholicity, free competition, free enterprise, free thought, free trade, freethinking, isolationism, laissez-aller, laissez-faire, laissez-faireism, latitudinarianism, left, left wing, leftism, let-alone policy, let-alone principle, liberality, liberalness, liberation, libertarianism, libertinism, noninterference, nonintervention, open-mindedness, progressivism, self-regulating market, tolerance, toleration, unbigotedness
- liberalism; quality of being liberal; political movement based on personal freedom