Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
Old English līssian.
- (obsolete) To relieve, mitigate, assuage (pain etc.).
- Late C14: And on his wey forthward thanne is he fare / In hope for to been lissed of his care. — Geoffrey Chaucer, ‘The Franklin's Tale’, Canterbury Tales
- first-person singular present indicative of lisser
- third-person singular present indicative of lisser
- first-person singular present subjunctive of lisser
- third-person singular present subjunctive of lisser
- second-person singular imperative of lisser