- (US) to combine two similar objects into one
- One can meld copper and zinc together to form brass.
- Much as America's motto celebrates melding many into one, South Africa's says that it doesn't matter what you look like — we can all be proud of our young country. - The New York Times, 26/02/2007 
- In card games, especially of the rummy family, to announce or display a combination of cards.
NounMeld (plural Melds)
- A combination of cards which is melded.
Anschluss, add, addition, affiliation, agglomeration, aggregation, agreement, alliance, amalgamate, amalgamation, assimilate, assimilation, association, blend, blending, cabal, cartel, centralization, coalesce, coalescence, coalition, combination, combine, combo, come together, composition, compound, comprise, confederacy, confederation, congeries, conglomeration, conjugation, conjunction, connect, consolidate, consolidation, conspiracy, ecumenism, embodiment, embody, encompass, encompassment, enosis, federalization, federation, flux, fuse, fusion, hookup, include, inclusion, incorporate, incorporation, integrate, integration, interblend, interfuse, intermingle, join, junction, junta, league, lump together, make one, marriage, melding, melt into one, merge, merger, mingle, mix, package, package deal, put together, reembody, roll into one, shade into, solidification, solidify, syncretism, syncretize, syndicate, syndication, syneresis, synthesis, synthesize, tie-up, unification, unify, union, unite, wedding
- Rhymes: -ɛld
Probably from Dutch melden (“report, announce”).