- (uncountable) Power, strength, force or influence held by a person or group.
- (uncountable) Physical strength.
- He pushed with all his might, but still it would not move.
- (uncountable) The ability to do something.
- (auxiliary) Simple past of may.
- (auxiliary) Used to indicate conditional or possible actions.
- I might go to the party, but I haven't decided yet.
- (auxiliary) Used to indicate permission in simple past tense.
- He asked me if he might go to the party, but I haven't decided yet.
- archaic second-person singular simple past - mightest
- nonstandard, archaic third-person singular simple past - mighteth
Adjectives for Might
eternal; transparent; royal; truehearted; imposing; congregated; individual; withered; conquering; irresistible; apparent; fancied; divine; austere; intimate; unimaginable; ravenous; spacious; towering; resistless; delicious; outworn; borrowed; restless; wholesome; human; overmastering; brutal.
adequacy, amperage, ampleness, amplitude, arm, armipotence, ascendancy, authoritativeness, authority, beef, black power, boundlessness, brawn, brute force, bulk, capability, capacity, charge, charisma, clout, cogence, cogency, command, competence, compulsion, control, decisiveness, dint, domination, dominion, drive, duress, effect, effectiveness, effectuality, endurance, energy, enormity, enormousness, expanse, flower power, force, force majeure, forcefulness, formidableness, fortitude, full blast, full force, fullness, gigantism, grandeur, grandness, great scope, greatness, guts, gutsiness, hardiness, heartiness, hugeness, immensity, infinity, influence, intensity, intestinal fortitude, jurisdiction, largeness, lustihood, lustiness, magisterialness, magnitude, main force, main strength, mana, mastery, might and main, mightiness, moxie, muchness, muscle, muscle power, obstinacy, pizzazz, plenitude, poop, potence, potency, potentiality, power, power pack, power structure, power struggle, powerfulness, prepotency, prodigiousness, productiveness, productivity, puissance, pull, punch, push, qualification, robustness, ruggedness, sinew, stalwartness, stamina, staying power, steam, sticking power, stoutness, strength, strength of will, strenuousness, strings, strong arm, stupendousness, sturdiness, superiority, superpower, sway, thew, toughness, tremendousness, validity, vastness, vehemence, vigor, vigorousness, vim, virility, virtue, virulence, vitality, wattage, weight
- The translations below need to be checked.