- Characteristic of members of the armed forces.
- (North America) Relating to armed forces such as the army, marines, navy and air force (often as distinguished from civilians or police forces).
- Relating to war.
- Relating to armies or ground forces.
NounMilitary (plural military or militaries)
- Armed forces.
- (US, with the) U.S. armed forces in general, including the Marine Corps.
- It's not the job of the military to make policy.
aggressive, air force, antagonistic, armed force, armed forces, armed service, army, array, battling, bellicose, belligerent, bloodthirsty, bloody, bloody-minded, career soldiers, chauvinist, chauvinistic, combative, contentious, enemy, ferocious, fierce, fighting, fighting machine, forces, full of fight, ground forces, ground troops, hawkish, host, hostile, inimical, jingo, jingoish, jingoist, jingoistic, legions, martial, militant, militaristic, military establishment, naval, navy, occupation force, offensive, paratroops, pugnacious, quarrelsome, rank and file, ranks, regular army, regulars, saber-rattling, sanguinary, sanguineous, savage, scrappy, service, ski troops, soldierlike, soldierly, soldiery, standing army, storm troops, the line, the military, trigger-happy, troops, truculent, unfriendly, unpacific, unpeaceable, unpeaceful, warlike, warmongering, warring
- The translations below need to be checked.
- military intelligence
- military insignia
- military officer
- military rank
- military tribunal
- military uniform
- abbreviation: mil.
- navy/US Navy
- air force/Air Force
- Merchant Marine
- US National Guard
- Coast Guard