Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
From Illinois wimihsoorita ("the people who have dugout canoes"), referring to the inhabitants near the Missouri River.
- (GenAm) IPA: /mɨˈzɝi/
- (Southern US) IPA: /məˈzɝə/
- There is much dispute over the "correct" pronunciation of Missouri (about half the state says one, and half the other), however both are acceptable.
- A state of the United States of America.. Capital Jefferson City; largest city: Kansas City: Postal abbreviation: MO
- (geography) The longest river in the United States, flowing from Montana to become a tributary of the Mississippi at Saint Louis.
- A Native American tribe that originally lived in the Great Lakes region of United States.
- (historical) An organized territory in the United States during the nineteenth century.
- (river): Big Muddy