- Of, containing, or being a notion; mental or imaginary.
- Speculative, theoretical, not the result of research.
- This paper proposes a notional Federated Identity Management (FIM) architecture.
- (linguistics) Having descriptive value as opposed to a syntactic category.
- (finance) Used to indicate an estimate or a reference amount
- 2009 Gold inches up on bargain hunt, ETF hits record
- Gold traded at $909.00 an ounce, up 0.2 percent from New York's notional close of $906.65 on Wednesday.
- 2009 Harvard Accepts Higher Debt Costs as Bankers Profit
- Under the agreements, Harvard paid the banks fixed interest rates on a total notional amount of $3.52 billion in exchange for floating-rate payments from them.
Adverbs for Notional
strangely; eccentrically; quaintly; fantastically; oddly; grotesquely; capriciously; captiously; remarkably; vexatiously; intolerably; unpredictably; undependably; unreliably; erratically; freakishly; egregiously; inordinately; provokingly; painfully; restlessly; nervously; feverishly; fussily; troublesomely; extremely.
Gothic, abstract, academic, arbitrary, armchair, baroque, bizarre, brain-born, capricious, conceptive, conceptual, conjectural, cranky, creative, crotchety, dream-built, esemplastic, extravagant, fancied, fanciful, fancy-born, fancy-built, fancy-woven, fantasied, fantasque, fantastic, fecund, fertile, fictive, flaky, florid, freakish, germinal, grotesque, harebrained, humorsome, hypothetic, ideal, ideational, ideative, ideological, illusory, imaginary, imaginational, imaginative, imagined, impractical, ingenious, inspired, inventive, kinky, maggoty, moody, moot, motiveless, nonexistent, original, originative, outlandish, petulant, postulatory, pregnant, preposterous, productive, prolific, quirky, rococo, seminal, shadowy, shaping, speculative, supposititious, teeming, temperamental, theoretical, unactual, unreal, unreasonable, unrestrained, vagarious, vagrant, visional, visioned, wanton, wayward, whimsical, wild