- (intransitive, transitive) To perform the functions of some office.
- She officiated as registrar at the wedding.
- She officiated the wedding as registrar.
- (intransitive, transitive, sports) To serve as umpire or referee.
- This is the second time he has officiated at a cup-final.
- He's never officiated a cup-final before.
act, act as, adjudicate, administer, administer the Eucharist, administrate, anoint, arbitrate, chair, chairman, chrism, conduct, confirm, direct, do duty, function, head up, hear, hold court, hold the scales, impose, judge, lay hands on, lead, manage, mediate, minister, moderate, occupy the chair, oversee, perform a rite, perform as, perform service, preside, preside over, referee, run, serve, sit in judgment, superintend, supervise, try, umpire