NounOffspring (plural offspring or offsprings)
- A person's daughter(s) and/or son(s)
- All a person's descendants, including further generations
- An animal or plant's progeny, known as young
- (figuratively) Another produce, result of an entity's efforts
- Artists often treasure their works as their immortal offspring
- (computing) A process launched by another process
- The form offsprings is also used for the plural, especially the computing sense.
- (daughter(s) and/or son(s)): baby/babies, child/children, issue (plural only; not used in singular form), get
- (all descendants): descendants, lineage, progeny, get
- (daughter(s) and/or son(s)): genitor (rare), parent, progenitor, father (male), mother (female)
- (descendants): ancestors, forbears/forebears, forefathers
Adjectives for Offspring
precocious; illegitimate; turbulent; new-fledged; frightened; hideous; speckled; spotted; numerous; unfilial; valiant; inferior; diminutive; sole; resulting; fatherless; groveling; motherless.
Verbs for Offspring
bestow—upon; bless with—; enjoy—; idolize—; issue—; mother—; present with—; produce—; promise—; rear—; transmit to —; yearn for—; —blossom; —burden; — comfort; —delight; —gather; —inherit; — torment.
aftermath, artifact, bairn, brainchild, breed, brood, by-product, cherub, child, children, chit, coinage, composition, conclusion, concoction, consequence, consequent, corollary, creation, creature, crowning achievement, darling, daughter, derivation, derivative, descendant, descendants, descent, development, distillate, distillation, dynasty, effect, end product, essence, event, eventuality, eventuation, extract, family, folks, foster child, fruit, get, grandchild, grandchildren, granddaughter, grandson, great-grandchildren, handiwork, harvest, hatch, hearth, heir, heiress, heirs, homefolks, hostages to fortune, house, household, inheritors, innocent, invention, issue, kid, kids, kitten, lamb, lambkin, legacy, line, lineage, little bugger, little fellow, little guy, little innocent, little one, little ones, little tad, little tot, logical outcome, manufacture, masterpiece, masterwork, menage, mintage, mite, new generation, new mintage, nipper, offshoot, opera, opus, opuscule, origination, outcome, outgrowth, peewee, people, posterity, precipitate, produce, product, production, progeniture, progeny, result, resultant, rising generation, scion, seed, sequel, sequela, sequence, sequent, shaver, son, son and heir, sonny, sons, spawn, stepchild, stepdaughter, stepson, succession, successor, swarm, tad, tot, treasures, upshot, wee tot, work, young, younglings, youngster, youngsters
- The translations below need to be checked.