- Suitable for some particular purpose.
- This would be an opportune spot for a picnic
- At a convenient or advantageous time.
- The opportune arrival of the bus cut short the boring conversation
Adverbs for Opportune
delightfully; seasonably; fortunately; luckily; happily; conveniently; surprisingly; unexpectedly; felicitously; amazingly; particularly; providentially; extraordinarily; splendidly; unusually.
a propos, ad rem, adapted, advantageous, advisable, applicable, apposite, appropriate, apropos, apt, auspicious, becoming, befitting, beneficial, congruous, convenient, decent, desirable, dovetailing, expedient, favorable, feasible, felicitous, fit, fitted, fitten, fitting, fortunate, fructuous, geared, germane, good, happy, helpful, just right, likely, lucky, meet, meshing, on the button, pat, pertinent, politic, profitable, proper, propitious, prosperous, providential, qualified, recommendable, relevant, right, ripe, seasonable, seemly, sortable, suitable, suited, suiting, tailored, timely, to be desired, to the point, to the purpose, useful, well-timed, wise, worthwhile
- feminine form of opportuno
- vocative masculine singular of opportūnus