NounOrientation (countable and uncountable; plural Orientations)
- (uncountable) The act of orienting or the state of being oriented.
- (uncountable) A position relative to compass bearings
- (uncountable) The construction of a Christian church to have its aisle in an east-west direction with the altar at the east end
- (countable) An inclination, tendency or direction
- (countable) The ability to orient
- (countable) An adjustment to a new environment
- (countable) An introduction to a (new) environment
- (typography, countable) The direction of print across the page; landscape or portrait
- (mathematics, countable) The choice of which ordered bases are "positively" oriented and which are "negatively" oriented on a real vector space
acclimation, acclimatization, accommodation, accustoming, adaptation, adaption, adjustment, aim, alignment, arrangement, aspect, assimilation, attitude, azimuth, bearing, bearings, bent, breaking, breaking-in, briefing, case hardening, celestial navigation, conditioning, course, current, dead reckoning, direction, direction line, disorientation, domestication, drift, exposure, familiarization, fix, frontage, habituation, hardening, heading, helmsmanship, housebreaking, inclination, initiation, instruction, introduction, inurement, lay, layout, lie, line, line of direction, line of march, line of position, location, naturalization, navigation, pilotage, piloting, placement, placing, point, position, position line, positioning, preparation, quarter, radio bearing, range, run, seasoning, set, set-up, situation, steerage, steering, taming, tendency, tenor, track, training, trend, way
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
- The translations below need to be checked.
Orientation f. (plural Orientations)