- Attended with peril; dangerous; risky.
- The situation became parlous when the weather made resupply impossible.
- Dire, terrible, appalling.
- Those manning the facility were in a parlous state.
- (obsolete) Dangerously clever or cunning.
Parlous (not comparable)
alarming, awkward, bad, chancy, critical, dangerous, dangersome, difficult, explosive, fraught with danger, hairy, hazardous, iffy, jeopardous, menacing, periculous, perilous, precarious, risky, serious, threatening, ticklish, ugly, uncertain
Middle English contraction of perilous
- Rhymes: -ɑː(r)ləs