NounPaste (countable and uncountable; plural Pastes)
- A soft mixture, in particular:
- Specifically, one of flour, fat, or similar ingredients used in making pastry.
- Specifically, one of pounded foods, such as fish paste, liver paste, or tomato paste.
- Specifically, one used as an adhesive, especially for putting up wallpapers, etc.
- (physics) A substance that behaves as a solid until a sufficiently large load or stress is applied, at which point it flows like a fluid
- A hard lead-containing glass, or an artificial gemstone made from this glass.
- (transitive) To stick with paste; to cause to adhere by or as if by paste.
- (intransitive, computing) To insert a piece of media(e.g. text, picture, audio, video, movie container etc.) previously copied or cut from somewhere else.
- (transitive, informal) To strike or beat someone or something.
- (transitive, informal) To defeat decisively or by a large margin.
Adjectives for Paste
milk-white; slippery-looking; sticky; gelatinous.
Italian paste, adherent, adhesive, admixture, agglutinate, albumen, alloy, amalgam, bang, barnacle, bash, baste, bat, batter, beat, belabor, belt, biff, bijouterie, bind, blank, blend, bonk, bonnyclabber, box, bramble, bravery, braze, brier, buffet, bulldog, bulldoze, burr, bust, butter, cataplasm, cement, cheat, chiffon, clabber, clap, clinquant, clip, clobber, clout, clump, coldcock, combination, combo, commixture, composite, composition, compound, concoction, confection, cornstarch, costume jewelry, counterfeit, crack, cream, crush, curd, cut, dash, deal, deal a blow, decal, decalcomania, deck, defeat utterly, dental pulp, dough, drub, dummy, dumpling, egg white, ensemble, fake, fakement, fedellini, festoons, fetch, fetch a blow, fettuccine, finery, flail, flap, folderol, foofaraw, forgery, frame-up, fraud, frilliness, frilling, frills, frills and furbelows, frippery, froufrou, fuse, fuss, gaiety, gaudery, gaum, gel, gelatin, gilding, gilt, gingerbread, glair, glass, glop, glue, gluten, goo, gook, goop, gruel, gum, gumbo, gunk, hammer, haymaker, hit, hit a clip, hoax, ice, imitation, immixture, impostor, intermixture, jab, jam, jell, jelly, jewelry, junk, junk jewelry, knaydlach, knock, knock cold, knock down, knock out, lambaste, larrup, lasagne, leech, let have it, limpet, loblolly, macaroni, magma, mash, matzo balls, maul, mixture, mock, molasses, mucilage, mucus, mush, noodles, overbear, overwhelm, pap, paper pulp, pasta, patter, pelt, phony, pinchbeck, pith, plaster, plunk, poke, pommel, porridge, poultice, pound, prickle, pudding, pulp, pulp lead, pulpwood, pulverize, pummel, punch, puree, put-on, put-up job, putty, rag pulp, rap, ravioli, remora, rip-off, rob, sauce, scatter pins, schmear, semifluid, semiliquid, sham, shellac, shoddy, shut out, simulacrum, size, skunk, slam, sledgehammer, slog, slug, smack, smash, smear, smite, snap, snow under, soak, sock, solder, soup, spaetzle, spaghetti, spaghettini, spank, sponge, squash, starch, steamroller, stick together, sticker, sticky mess, strike, strike at, sulfate pulp, sulfite pulp, superfluity, swack, swat, swindle, swipe, syrup, thorn, thrash, thresh, thump, thwack, tinsel, trappings, treacle, trickery, trumpery, vermicelli, wallop, weld, whack, wham, whelm, whip, white lead, whited sepulcher, whitewash, whomp, whop, won ton, wood pulp, yerk, ziti
paste f. pl.
- Plural form of pasta.
Paste (infinitive pastar)