Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
NounPoppy (plural poppies)
- Any plant of the species Papaver, with crumpled often red petals and a milky juice.
- a bright red colour, tinted with orange, like that of the poppy flower.
- (chiefly UK, Canada) a simple artificial poppy worn in the buttonhole to remember the fallen in the two World Wars
- (reds) red; blood red, brick red, burgundy, cardinal, carmine, carnation, cerise, cherry, cherry red, Chinese red, cinnabar, claret, crimson, damask, fire brick, fire engine red, flame, flamingo, fuchsia, garnet, geranium, gules, hot pink, incarnadine, Indian red, magenta, maroon, misty rose, nacarat, oxblood, pillar-box red, pink, Pompeian red, poppy, raspberry, red violet, rose, rouge, ruby, ruddy, salmon, sanguine, scarlet, shocking pink, stammel, strawberry, Turkey red, venetian red, vermillion, vinaceous, vinous, violet red, wine (Category: en:Reds) 
- of a bright red colour, tinted with orange, like that of the poppy flower.
- The translations below need to be checked.
Translations to be checked
Diminutive of pop.
- An affectionate nickname given to a father or grandfather, or a male authority figure standing in a similar position.
From popular, by shortening
From pop (“sound”)
- Having a popping sound.ang:poppy