- Able to be carried or easily moved.
- (computing) Of software, able to be run on multiple hardware or operating systems.
NounPortable (plural Portables)
- A portable toilet; a self-contained outhouse.
- Any temporary building that is portable, especially one located at a school.
- (video games) A hand-held video gaming device.
- (computing) a portable computer
- (portable toilet): portable toilet, port-a-john, porta-kybo, portaloo, porta-potty, port-a-san, port-o-let, sani-privy, turdis
Adverbs for Portable
easily; readily; luckily; conveniently; completely; inexpensively; compactly; invisibly; inconspicuously; particularly; comfortably; lightly; handily; appropriately; serviceably; suitably; instantly.
assignable, carriable, communicable, compact, conductive, consignable, contagious, convenient, conveyable, expressable, handy, impartable, interchangeable, light, lightweight, little, mailable, manageable, metathetic, movable, pocket, pocket-sized, portative, removable, small, transferable, transfusable, transmissible, transmissive, transmittable, transportable, transportative, transposable, vest-pocket, wieldy
Portable m. (plural Portables)
- (laptop): ordinateur portable m.