NounPremiere (plural Premieres)
- The first showing of a film, play or other form of entertainment, often held as a special event with celebrity guests.
- (intransitive) Of a film or play, to play for the first time.
- The new film premieres this weekend.
- (transitive) To present a film or play for the first time.
- The local theatre will premiere its latest play this week.
be a gas, be a hit, benefit, bill, bomb, debut, dramatize, entertainment, exhibit, exhibition, fail, farewell performance, feature, first, flesh show, flop, headline, initial, make a hit, melodramatize, mount, open, open a show, opening, original, performance, premiere, present, presentation, presentment, preview, produce, production, put on, scenarize, set the stage, show, stage, stage presentation, star, succeed, swan song, theatrical performance, theatricalize, try out, tryout
- Homophones: premier (in some US pronunciations, not in UK pronunciation)
- The translations below need to be checked.