NounQuery (plural queries)
- A question or inquiry.
- The teacher answered the student's query concerning biosynthesis.
- (computing, databases) A set of instructions passed to a database.
- The database admin switched on query logging for debugging purposes.
- (transitive) To ask, inquire.
- (intransitive) To ask a question.
- (transitive) To question or call into doubt.
- (computing, databases) To pass a query to a database to retrieve information.
Adverbs for Query
sharply; deprecatingly; deliberately; romantically; significantly; stubbornly; breathlessly; anxiously; curtly; scornfully; perplexedly.
ask, ask a question, ask about, ask questions, awake a doubt, be curious, be diffident, be doubtful, be dubious, be skeptical, be uncertain, bone of contention, bring into question, burn with curiosity, call in question, catechism, catechize, challenge, concern, contest, cross-interrogatory, cross-question, debating point, demand, dig around for, dig up, dispute, distrust, doubt, dubiety, enquiry, examine, feeler, gape, gawk, greet with skepticism, half believe, harbor suspicions, have reservations, inquire, inquire of, inquiry, interpellate, interrogate, interrogation, interrogative, interrogatory, interview, issue, leader, leading question, make inquiry, misgive, mistrust, moot point, nose around for, nose out, peer, point at issue, point in question, problem, propose a question, propound a question, pump, put queries, question, question at issue, question mark, questioning, quiz, quodlibet, raise a question, require an answer, reservation, rubber, rubberneck, scepticism, scruple, seek, skepticism, smell a rat, stare, suspect, suspicion, test, throw doubt upon, topic, treat with reserve, trial balloon, uncertainty, vexed question, want to know, worm out of
- quæry (archaic)