Relative (not comparable)
- Relevant; pertinent
- Connected to or depending on something else; not absolute; comparative.
- (grammar) That relates to an antecedent
- (music) Having the same key but differing in being major or minor
NounRelative (plural Relatives)
- Someone in the same family; someone connected by blood, marriage, or adoption.
- See also Thesaurus:relative
affiliated, affinitive, agnate, allied, analogical, analogous, ancestry, appertaining, applicable, approximate, apropos, associated, associative, aunt, blood, blood relation, blood relative, brother, child, clansman, cognate, collatable, collateral, collateral relative, commensurable, commensurate, comparable, comparative, conditional, congenial, connected, connections, connective, consanguinean, contingent, contingent on, correlative, cousin, daughter, dependent on, distaff side, distant relation, en rapport, enate, family, father, flesh, flesh and blood, folks, german, germane, grandchild, granddaughter, grandfather, grandmother, grandparent, grandson, half brother, interconnected, interrelated, kin, kindred, kinfolk, kinnery, kinsfolk, kinsman, kinsmen, kinswoman, kith and kin, linking, matchable, mother, much at one, near, near relation, nephew, next of kin, niece, parallel, parent, people, pertaining, pertinent, posterity, proportionable, proportional, proportionate, referable, referring, related, relating, relation, relational, relations, relative to, relatives, relevant, reliant, sib, sibling, similar, sister, son, spear kin, spear side, spindle kin, spindle side, subject to, subordinate to, sword side, sympathetic, tribesman, uncle, uterine kin
- definite and plural of relativ
- feminine form of relatif
- IPA: /ʁəlativ/
- feminine form of relativo
- vocative masculine singular of relātīvus
- absolute definite natural masculine form of relativ.