- Directly related, connected, or pertinent to a topic.
- His mother provided some relevant background information concerning his medical condition.
- Not out of date; current.
- 1973 Hansen says Christmas time for thanks, hope
- The message of Christmas is still relevant as we near the end of a troubled year and the beginning of an uncertain but challenging new year.
a propos, ad rem, adapted, admissible, akin, allied, allowable, appertaining, applicable, applying, apposite, appropriate, apropos, apt, associated, becoming, befitting, belonging, cognate, dovetailing, felicitous, fit, fitted, fitting, geared, germane, happy, important, in point, in question, involving, just right, likely, material, meshing, on the button, opportune, pat, pertaining, pertinent, proper, qualified, related, relative, right, seasonable, significant, sortable, suitable, suited, suiting, tailored, to the point, to the purpose, weighty
- Relevant in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- Relevant in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
AdjectiveRelevant (comparative relevanter, superlative am relevantesten)
- third-person plural present active indicative of relevō
|Inflections of Relevant |
Comparation by mer and mest