NounRendezvous (plural rendezvous)
- A meeting or date.
- I have a rendezvous with a friend in three weeks.
- An agreement to meet; a location or time agreed upon to meet.
- “Get the party started at the rendezvous at oh six hours.”
- To meet at an agreed time and place.
- Let's rendezvous at the bordello at 8:00 and go from there.
appointment, assemble, assemblee, assembly, assignation, assignation house, at home, ball, brawl, bunch, bunch up, caucus, clot, cluster, collect, colloquium, come together, commission, committee, conclave, concourse, congregate, congregation, congress, conventicle, convention, converge, convocation, copulate, council, couple, crowd, dance, date, diet, eisteddfod, festivity, fete, flock together, flow together, forgather, forgathering, forum, fuse, gang around, gang up, gather, gather around, gathering, get-together, hangout, haunt, herd together, hive, horde, housewarming, huddle, league, levee, link, love nest, mass, meet, meeting, meeting place, merge, mill, muster, panel, party, place of assignation, plenum, prom, purlieu, quorum, raise, rally, rally around, reception, seance, seethe, session, shindig, sit-in, sitting, soiree, stamping, stream, surge, swarm, symposium, synod, throng, tryst, turnout, unite
- (US) IPA: /ˈɹɑndəˌvu/, /ˈɹɑndeɪˌvu/
Audio (US) noicon (file)
- rendez-vous for French definition, spelling, and pronunciation
From French rendez-vous.
|nominative, dative and accusative||Rendezvous|| Rendezvouset