NounReservation (plural Reservations)
- The act of reserving, withholding or keeping back
- Something that is withheld or kept back
- A limiting qualification (often used in the plural)
- I have reservations about your intentions
- (US) A tract of land set apart by the US government for the use of a Native American people. (compare Canadian reserve).
- An arrangement by which accommodation or transport arrangements are secured in advance
- (UK) the area which separates opposing lanes of traffic on a divided motorway.
Adjectives for Reservation
mental; explicit; express; common-sense; forest; experimental; heedful; definite; specific.
Indian reservation, allowance, appointment, archives, area, arrangement, bank, bespeaking, bird sanctuary, booking, briefing, cession, circumscription, concession, condition, demur, demurral, demurrer, employment, engagement, exception, exemption, extenuating circumstances, forest preserve, game reserve, grain of salt, grant, hedge, hedging, hesitancy, hesitation, hiring, holding back, library, limitation, mental reservation, modification, museum, national forest, national park, objection, paradise, park, plot, preengagement, preserve, provision, proviso, qualification, qualm, region, reluctance, reserve, restriction, retainment, reticence, salvo, sanctuary, scruple, section, special case, special treatment, specialness, specification, state forest, stipulation, store, string, strings, taking on, term, terms, territory, tract, waiver, wilderness preserve, wildlife preserve, withholding
- The translations below need to be checked.