Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
- IPA: /ˈriəv/
- An robh thu ann riamh? - Have you ever been there?
- Cha robh riamh a leithid ann. - There was never one like him.
- Bha e riamh mar sin. - He was always like that.
- riamh is roimhe - still and before, abidingly
- Used only of past time.
- to drill as turnips, potatoes etc.
- The Illustrated Gaelic-English Dictionary (Birlinn Limited, 1901-1911, Compiled by Edward Dwelly)
- A Pronouncing and Etymological Dictionary of the Gaelic Language (John Grant, Edinburgh, 1925, Compiled by Malcolm MacLennan)