- Unstable; easily rocked.
- The table was rocky, so we put a book under one leg.
- In the style of rock and roll music.
- His new album is quite rocky.
- (figuratively) Troubled; or difficult; in danger or distress.
- Their relationship had weathered some rocky times, but they loved each other.
- Full of, or abounding in, rocks; consisting of rocks.
- a rocky mountain
- a rocky shore
- Like a rock.
- the rocky orb of a shield
- (figuratively) Not easily impressed or affected; hard; unfeeling; obdurate; as, a rocky bosom.
Adverbs for Rocky
painfully; arduously; extremely; impassably; roughly; dangerously; exceedingly; incredibly; unex
adamant, adamantine, ailing, apathetic, arduous, bad, below par, bony, bumpy, callous, cement, cemental, certain, cold, concrete, cool, corneous, corrugated, cragged, craggy, crinkled, critically ill, crumpled, crystal, crystalline, degage, dense, dependable, detached, determined, diamondlike, difficult, dilapidated, doddering, doubtful, down, dubious, dure, emotionless, faint, faintish, feeling awful, feeling faint, feeling something terrible, firm, flimsy, flintlike, flinty, granitelike, granitic, gravelly, gritty, groggy, hard, hard as nails, hardhearted, harsh, horny, iffy, ill, impassive, in danger, indifferent, indisposed, insecure, invariable, invariant, iron-hard, ironbound, ironlike, jagged, jaggy, laid low, lapideous, lithoid, lithoidal, marble, marblelike, monolithic, mortally ill, not quite right, obdurate, off-color, osseous, out of sorts, pebbled, pebbly, porphyritic, questionable, ragged, ramshackle, reliable, resistant, resistive, resolute, ricketish, rickety, rock-ribbed, rock-strewn, rock-studded, rockbound, rocklike, rugged, rugose, rugous, sandy, saw-toothed, sawtooth, scragged, scraggly, scraggy, seedy, serrate, serrated, shaky, shingled, shingly, sick, sick unto death, sickish, snagged, snaggled, snaggy, solid, spidery, spindly, staunch, steadfast, steady, steellike, steely, stonelike, stony, sure, taken ill, teetering, teetery, thick-skinned, tottering, tottery, tough, trachytic, treacherous, tumbledown, unbending, uncaring, uncertain, unchanging, uncomfortable, undependable, under the weather, unemotional, unfaltering, unfeeling, unflinching, unhealthy, unpredictable, unreliable, unsafe, unsound, unstable, unsteady, unsure, unsympathetic, untrustworthy, unvarying, unwavering, unwell, unyielding, vacillating, weak, wobbling, wobbly, wrinkled
- (Australia) IPA: [ˈɹʷɔkiː] SAMPA: ["r\_wOki:]
- (UK) enPR: rŏk'i, IPA: /ˈɹɒki/, [ˈɹʷɒkiː], SAMPA: /"rQki/, ["r\_wQki:]
- (US) IPA: [ˈɹʷɒki], SAMPA: ["r\_wQki]
Audio (Midwestern US) noicon (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒki
From rockto move back and forth.
- The translations below need to be checked.