- Of or relating to a monarch or their family.
- Having the air or demeanour of a monarch.
- (nautical) In large sailing ships, of a mast right above the topgallant mast and its sails.
- royal mast, royal sail
- (boxing, military) free-for-all, especially involving multiple combatants.
- (informal) major
- a royal pain in the neck
- (of a monarch): kingly (of a king), monarchical, princely (of a prince), queenly (of a queen), regal
- (having a monarch's air): majestic, stately, regal
NounRoyal (plural Royals)
- (colloquial) A royal person; a member of a royal family.
- (paper, printing) A standard printing-paper size measuring 25 inches x 20 inches.
- former name for the Australian decimal currency (later dollar).
- the fourth tine of an antler's beam
- in large sailing ships, square sail over the topgallant sail
Adverbs for Royal
magnificently; splendidly; brilliantly; gorgeously; gloriously; imperiously; dominantly; imperially; arrogantly; proudly; authoritatively; absolutely; superbly; grandly; augustly; magnanimously; justly; majestically; sumptuously; munificently; lavishly; extravagantly.
advantageous, anointed king, aristocratic, august, auspicious, baron, baroness, baronial, beneficial, benevolent, bon, bonny, braw, bueno, capital, champion, chief, chieftain, classical, cogent, commendable, courtly, crown, crowned head, dignified, duchess, duke, duodecimo, dynast, dynastic, earl, effortless, eighteenmo, elegant, emperor, estimable, excellent, expedient, facile, fair, famous, favorable, fine, folio, front, glorious, good, goodly, grand, grand duke, grandiose, grave, healthy, helpful, high chief, imperator, imperatorial, imperatorious, imperial, imperious, imposing, impressive, kind, king, king-emperor, kinglet, kinglike, kingly, laudable, light, lord paramount, lordly, magisterial, magnificent, majestic, majesty, medium, monarch, monarchal, monarchial, monarchic, monarchical, nice, nobility, noble, nobleman, noblewoman, number one, octavo, octodecimo, overlord, paramount, peer, peerage, petty king, pleasant, potentate, prime, prince, prince consort, princelike, princely, princess, profitable, purple, quarto, queen, queenlike, queenly, rank, regal, resplendent, royal personage, royalty, ruler, sedate, sextodecimo, simple, sixteenmo, skillful, smooth, sober, solemn, sound, sovereign, splendid, stately, statuesque, super, superb, superior, suzerain, tetrarch, top, twelvemo, untroublesome, useful, valid, venerable, very good, virtuous, viscount, viscountess, worthy
- roial (obsolete)