- (idiomatic) To exceed the allotted time.
- The previous presentation ran over and ours had to start late.
- To cross by running
- The athletes must run over the bridge to reach the finish line.
- (idiomatic) To drive over, causing injury or death.
- Can you believe somebody would just run over a cat like that?
- (idiomatic) To briefly describe
- Before we start the project, let's just run over who is doing what.
- (idiomatic) To practice quickly, briefly.
- You'd better run over your statement before going on the platform.
- To overflow
- The bath water nearly ran over.
- (rugby) To score a try
- 2010 Magners League: Cardiff Blues 27-25 Osprey
- Andrew Bishop then ran over in the closing stages, but it was too late.
abound, autopsy, battologize, bristle with, brood over, browse, call off, call over, call the roll, canvass, cascade, cataract, census, check, check out, check over, check up on, chew over, con over, count, crawl with, creep with, deliberate over, deliberate upon, deluge, digest, dip into, engulf, enumerate, examine, exuberate, fill, flood, flow, foliate, give an encore, give an examination, glance over, glance through, go over, go through, gush, hit and run, inspect, inundate, iterate, look at, look over, measure, meditate upon, monitor, mull over, muse on, muse over, nip, number, numerate, observe, overbrim, overfill, overflow, overhaul, overlook, override, overrun, overwhelm, pad, page, paginate, pass over, pass under review, peer at, peruse, poll, ponder over, pore over, postmortem, pour, pour out, pour over, practice, proliferate, quantify, quantize, rain, reaffirm, reassert, recapitulate, recite, recount, reflect over, rehash, rehearse, reissue, reiterate, reprint, restate, resume, retail, retell, review, revolve, reword, ride down, ride over, ride roughshod over, ruminate over, run down, run through, say over, say over again, scan, scrutinize, set an examination, shower, size, size up, skim, slop, slosh, spill, spill out, spill over, stream, study, submerge, sum up, summarize, survey, swamp, swarm with, sweep, take stock of, take the measure, tally, tautologize, teem, teem with, tell, think over, thumb over, thumb through, trample, trample on, trample underfoot, trample upon, tread upon, turn over, whelm
- The verb and the particle are generally inseparable, even when the object is a pronoun.