- Set apart by solemn religious ceremony; especially, in a good sense, made holy; set apart to religious use; consecrated; not profane or common; as, a sacred place; a sacred day; sacred service.
- Relating to religion, or to the services of religion; not secular; religious; as, sacred history.
- Smit with the love of sacred song. -John Milton.
- Designated or exalted by a divine sanction; possessing the highest title to obedience, honor, reverence, or veneration; entitled to extreme reverence; venerable.
- Hence, not to be profaned or violated; inviolable.
- Secrets of marriage still are sacred held. -Dryden.
- Consecrated; dedicated; devoted; -- with to.
- A temple, sacred to the queen of love. -Dryden.
- (archaic) Solemnly devoted, in a bad sense, as to evil, vengeance, curse, or the like; accursed; baleful.
- But, to destruction sacred and devote. -Milton.
- Simple past tense and past participle of sacre.
all-knowing, all-powerful, all-seeing, all-wise, almighty, alto, angelic, awe-inspiring, awesome, awful, baritone, bass, blessed, boundless, bravura, ceremonial, changeless, cherished, choral, choric, churchly, coloratura, consecrated, creating, creative, dedicated, defended, divine, dramatic, ecclesiastical, eternal, eternally the same, everlasting, falsetto, glorious, godly, good, guarded, hallowed, heavenly, heroic, hieratic, highest, holy, hymnal, immortal, immune, immutable, ineffable, inenarrable, inexpressible, infinite, inviolable, inviolate, just, limitless, liturgical, loving, luminous, lyric, majestic, making, merciful, numinous, omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient, one, operatic, permanent, perpetual, priestly, protected, psalmic, psalmodial, psalmodic, radiant, religious, revered, ritual, sacramental, sacrosanct, sainted, saintly, sanctified, shaping, shielded, singing, solemn, soprano, sovereign, spiritual, supreme, tenor, the holy, the ineffable, the inenarrable, the inexpressible, the numinous, the unspeakable, the unutterable, timeless, treble, ubiquitous, unbounded, unchanging, undefined, unlimited, unspeakable, untouchable, unutterable, venerable, venerated, vocal
- IPA: /ˈseɪkəd/