Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɛpə(r)
NounSchlepper (plural Schleppers)
- a servant who carries things
- Tell the schlepper to take it up to your hotel room.
- a porter
- a pejorative insult for an individual who wanders aimlessly
- as in schlepping his donkey behind him.
- I can't interest the little schlepper in doing his homework.
- 1999: Woody Allen adored the scene, and sent up the figure in both film (“Love and Death”) and fiction: in a piece called “Death Knocks,” the Grim Reaper reappears for a game of gin rummy with a schlepper — The New Yorker, 13 May 1999