NounScreech (countable and uncountable; plural Screeches)
- A high-pitched strident or piercing sound, such as that between a moving object and any surface.
- A loud harsh sound resembling a human cry.
- (Newfoundlander, uncountable) Newfoundland rum.
- A form of home-made rye whiskey made from used oak rye barrels from a distillery.
- To make such a sound.
bark, battle cry, bawl, bay, bell, bellow, blare, blat, blate, bleat, blubber, boom, bray, breathe, buzz, cackle, call, caterwaul, chant, cheer, chirp, coo, creak, crow, cry, drawl, exclaim, flute, gasp, give tongue, give voice, groan, growl, grunt, hail, halloo, hiss, holler, hollo, hoot, howl, hurrah, keen, lilt, low, meow, mew, mewl, miaow, moan, moo, mumble, murmur, mutter, neigh, nicker, pant, penetrate, pierce, pipe, pule, rallying cry, roar, rumble, screak, scream, shout, shriek, shrill, sibilate, sigh, sing, skirl, skreigh, snap, snarl, snort, sob, sough, squall, squawk, squeak, squeal, thunder, troat, trumpet, twang, ululate, ululation, vent, voice, wail, war cry, war whoop, warble, whicker, whine, whinny, whisper, whistle, whoop, wrawl, yammer, yap, yawl, yawp, yell, yelp, yip, yo-ho, yowl
- enPR: skrēch, IPA: /skriːtʃ/, SAMPA: /skri:tS/
- Rhymes: -iːtʃ