NounSetup (plural Setups)
- Equipment designed for a particular purpose; an apparatus.
- The laboratory included an elaborate setup for measuring the energy.
- The fashion in which something is organized or arranged.
- The classroom setup was simple and efficient.
- An act to frame someone; an effort or arrangement aimed at placing the blame on somebody.
- Trust me, that was a setup!
- (computing) An installer.
- After inserting the disk, run the setup.
anatomy, approach, architectonics, architecture, arrangement, array, assemblage, assembly, attack, blueprint, blueprinting, breeze, build, building, buildup, calculation, charting, cinch, combination, composition, compound, conception, concord, conformation, constitution, construction, contrivance, creation, deployment, design, device, disposal, disposition, duck, easy target, easy thing, embodiment, enterprise, envisagement, fabric, fabrication, fashion, fashioning, figuring, foresight, forethought, forging, form, format, formation, frame, frame-up, game, getup, graphing, ground plan, guidelines, harmony, idea, incorporation, intention, junction, layout, lineup, long-range plan, make, makeup, making, manufacture, mapping, marshaling, master plan, method, methodology, mixture, mold, molding, operations research, order, organic structure, organism, organization, packed deal, packed jury, pattern, patterning, peace, physique, picnic, pie, piece of cake, piecing together, pipe, plan, planning, planning function, plotting, prearrangement, preconcertedness, premeditation, preordering, procedure, production, program, program of action, proportion, pushover, put-up job, putting together, quiet, quietude, rationalization, regularity, rigged jury, routine, schedule, schema, schematism, schematization, scheme, scheme of arrangement, scheming, shape, shaping, sinecure, sitting duck, snap, stacked deck, strategic plan, strategy, structure, structuring, symmetry, syneresis, synthesis, system, systematization, tactical plan, tactics, tectonics, texture, the big picture, the picture, tissue, tranquillity, uniformity, velvet, warp and woof, way, weave, web, working plan
- enPR: sĕt'ŭp'
- set up, the adjective and verb