- (of a person) Having sexual appeal; suggestive of sex.
- The participants in the swimsuit competition are all very sexy.
- (of a thing or concept) Very attractive or appealing.
- The manufacturers have launched a sexy new car.
- We have some sexy ideas on how to improve sales.
- Nouns to which "sexy" is often applied: woman, lady, girl, man, boy, body, dress, bra, panties, bikini, game, story, movie, etc.
- (having sexual appeal): alluring, dishy (of a man), foxy (of a woman), horny, raunchy, sensual, tasty, dreamy
- (slang: attractive, appealing): gorgeous, tasty, hot
- See also Thesaurus:sexy
alluring, amorous, animal, aphrodisiomaniacal, appealing, arousing, bawdy, bedroom, blue, broad, captivating, carnal, clitoromaniacal, coarse, come-hither, concupiscent, dirty, ejaculatory, enchanting, erogenic, erogenous, erotic, eroticomaniacal, erotogenic, erotomaniacal, exciting, explicit, fascinating, filthy, fleshly, flirtatious, foul, gamic, goatish, gross, gynecomaniacal, heterosexual, horny, hot, hot-blooded, hysteromaniacal, immodest, improper, indecent, indecorous, indelicate, inviting, itching, ithyphallic, lascivious, lecherous, lewd, libidinal, libidinous, lickerish, lubricious, lustful, lusty, naughty, nuptial, nymphomaniacal, obscene, off color, off-color, orgasmic, orgastic, oversexed, passionate, pornographic, potent, priapic, procreative, provocative, prurient, purple, racy, randy, raunchy, ribald, risque, rough, rude, salacious, salty, satyric, seductive, sensual, sensuous, sex, sex-starved, sexed, sexlike, sexual, shady, shameless, smutty, spicy, steamy, straight, striking, stunning, suggestive, tempting, titillating, undersexed, unsatisfied, unseemly, venereal, voluptuous, vulgar
- IPA: /sɛk.si/
- IPA: /ˈzɛksi/, /ˈsɛksi/
Sexy 1 nom/acc forms
From English sexy
- IPA: [ˈseksi]
|singular & plural|
|masculine, feminine & neuter|