Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
Old English sicol
NounSickle (plural Sickles)
- (agriculture) an implement, having a semicircular blade and short handle, used for cutting long grass and cereal crops
- (agriculture, transitive) To cut with a sickle
- (transitive) To deform (as with a red blood cell) into an abnormal crescent shape.
- (intransitive) To assume an abnormal crescent shape. Used of red blood cells.
- (transitive: to deform): sickler
to cut with a sickle
- Shaped like the blade of a sickle; crescent-shaped.
- a sickle moon
shaped like a sickle
- The translations below need to be checked.
Translations to be checked